Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vellum Luminary Card


I had so much fun with this card. I know it is out of my normal pink color range....although I did add a touch of pink to the center of my flower. There is just something about this that was relaxing to me today. I love that it is not "In Your Face" bold and the vellum watercoloring was just the right touch.

This was created with 100 % SU! products.

UPDATE

Here is the recipe

Sets: Wonderful You, It's your Birthday
Cardstock: River Rock (rtd), Vellum, Ginger Blossom DSP (rtd)
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark,
Accessories: Markers, 1 3/8 square punch, River Rock DBL Stitched ribbon, scissors, paper trimmer, snail adhesive

Cut (2) River Rock cardstock 4"x 11". Score at 2 3/4", 5 1/2" and 8 1/4".

Cut (2) Vellum 2 1/2" x 3 3/4"

Cut (1) Ginger Blossom 2"x 4"

Stamp Bold images with versamark "all over design" on both pieces of River Rock. With square punch, punch twice to form rectangle shape. To do this, center punch in scored section and set punch all the way in on the top and bottom of section. Repeat for second section. (You may repeat this for the back side but the directions are for front design only.)

Stamp Vellum. Color with markers on BACK SIDE of stamped image and adhere to inside of card.

Adhere DSP on left side. Lay and adhere a strip of ribbon to seam of DSP and trim edges.

Adhere both pieces of cardstock together at the ends leaving the center boxes free and open.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? These are adorable. i can't wait to make one. Thanks for the tag - I will get to it soon, I promise!

maiahs_momma said...

love this card it is so beautiful, wow, stunning :)! Don't suppose you have a tutorial for this card?? If so I would love to get it from you :)!

hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
catlevy@eastlink.ca

Stampin'Cat said...

What a wonderful design! Do you have instructions or a template?

Dragana Skoro said...

Beautiful!! So glad you shared the tutorial.

Trish said...

I love this luminary. It is beautiful! I think I'll give it a try too. - P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog!
P.S.S. Your children are beautiful - I love the smiles on their faces

Katrina said...

oh I see Christmas gifts written all over this...thanks very much for the instructions...

APeeling Crafts said...

Love this! I made one for my sister as a Thanksgiving Hostess gift and she loved it! Great directions too! Thank you!

cyndi said...

I love this! Can they fold flat for mailing?

Marilyne said...

Love this. Have you tried folding it flat?

Marilyne said...

Love this. Have you tried folding it flat?